An update on what FSD knows…
This is kind of important. Recently FBRI mailed out letters to all supporting organizations (because remember there are no members that has a different legal meaning). The focus of this letter was to promote Endowment Contributing Organizations to terminate in favor of yearly payments. Full disclosure Free State Drivers is an Endowment Contributing Organization and FSD will NOT be terminating the contract in favor of receiving the promised benefits when FSD paid its original fees. Why is FSD making this decision?
- We entered into a contract and expect it to be fulfilled.
- The yearly fee keeps going up but the benefit keeps going down
- No new library contrary to presentations dated 2012 and 2014 that say it is done. Plus this new library is password protected or some nonsense. How many hours did it take to implement this?
- No new software with meaningful fixes in years.
- No new documentation that hasn’t been put out in some other form in the past several years.
- Likely no TRS (calibration tools) to be provided
- Most Endowment Organizations do NOT use the majority of the resources
- As a consultant FPS is not my only choice for my clients. For the ones that we do use FPS for they are already annual contributors or are urged to become annual contributors.
- A “carryover” of nearly 1/4 million USD for a 501c3 organization.
- Finally what about building the endowment? Making the resources free as promoted when organizations joined. No one has seen the efforts taken in the past to reach the goal.
PLEASE if you are an Endowment Contributing Organization think long and hard before making this choice. Hold FBRI accountable for the agreement that they made with us all. I strongly urge people not to terminate the contracts. Perhaps a voluntary additional contribution is reasonable but don’t lose the benefits that many of you all signed up for and can never be resumed.
What are your thoughts? Read the rest and send us an email on your thoughts.
So let’s do an update…
Listing of communications to contributors known to FSD (up to 1 year):
- 2016/06/27 Voluntary Termination of Endowment Agreements (Snail Mail)
- 2016/06/23 FBRI chairman’s letter for June board meeting
- 2016/06/17 FPS guidebook available for download.
- 2016/06/03 FBRI workshop on June 7 in Corvallis (workshop participants only)
- 2016/05/25 FPS workshop on FPS localization by SiteGrid
- 2016/05/13 New FPS workshop on localization by SiteGrid
- 2016/03/16 New FPS workshop on inventory
- 2016/01/06 Upcoming FBRI updates and SiteGrid notes
- 2016/01/04 FBRI issued a user ID for Free State Drivers
- 2015/12/22 FBRI Chairman’s letter on Nov. board meeting
- 2015/11/17 FBRI annual meeting materials
- 2015/11/05 FPS upgrade to lump/split utility
- 2015/11/04 Software upgrade for FPS Version 7.45 components
- 2015/10/28 FBRI annual meeting coming up, RSVP today
- 2015/10/15 FBRI annual meeting registration
- 2015/09/14 FBRI Chairman’s report of August board meeting
- 2015/07/14 Chairman’s report of June FBRI board meeting
Listing of FPS Updated known to FSD (2015):
- 2015/11/05 – 7.4.5 (#2?)
- 2015/11/04 – 7.4.5 (#1?)
- 2015/07/06 – 7.4.4
- 2015/06/10 – 7.4.3
- 2015/06/01 – 7.4.2
- 2015/05/22 – 7.4.1
FSD will continue to post updates about FBRI communications as FSD is aware of them in hopes that all contributing organizations will be made privy to the updates from FBRI.