We are not dead!!! Typically this would be meant as a joke however when we walk into a meeting and get looks of shock because people say “We heard you were dead!” It becomes something we have to remind people about.
Wow has it been that long? Time flies when you are stuck fixing a broken model and trying to make things work for people. But we must remind ourselves. We are the beta testers as it has been said for a couple of years now. So we cant expect little things to work. You know things like:
- Reports with the wrong math and results
- Yield table not growing properly
- The compiler no longer cleaning things up upon compile
- You can’t install where YOU want to because of a hard-coded file location
- New activation codes all the time. Do you know if you are using the registered version or not? I know what it says but, I don’t know what it is doing.
Those are just the highlights. We have had to get that all up and running for our clients. Needless to say, we have been busy.
So these things are fixed? Well officially no. However, FSD is hoping to get a project out the door very soon that completely redesigns the FPS database and WORKS! Some of those features:
- Improved menus
- Full ribbon support
- WORKING reports
- report by Stand, Forest, and Project (think lump split only useful)
- A yield table workaround that had been suggested a decade ago but was never implemented.
- Error checking
- Execution protection. What database are you running on? Are you configured right? This checks that.
After those features are done what will we be doing for our clients? More databases.
- Depletion database that has all the features and backup features for creating a permanent backup of an annual depletion.
- 10M site database. This is already mostly done.
Amazingly this is all being done on a far smaller budget than some have. Matter of fact what are we going to charge for each of these things? Well, zero of course. And it will be open source!
What else is going on around the nest? Well, the office penguins were all ready to go to the 10M site training the other week when it was canceled due to lack of enrollment. We will let you interpret that however you like.
Other than that just keeping our clients running and above the water line with training, remote support, office visits and anything else we have to do to keep them going.
So let’s do an update…
Listing of communications to contributors known to FSD (up to 1 year):
- 2018/04/17 Cancellation of FBRI Apr 24-25 workshop
- 2018/04/06 FBRI workshop on localizing FPS Universal Growth Model
- 2018/03/20 FBRI workshop on localizing FPS Universal Growth Model
- 2017/12/18 FBRI – 2018 FPS Activation Key
- 2017/12/11 Release of FPS 7.53 and FBRI Board Chair letter
- 2017/09/25 FBRI Annual Meeting Registration Open
- 2017/09/08 FPS update to Version 7.52
- 2017/09/07 FBRI Annual Meeting Registration Open
- 2017/08/07 FPS Workshop: Long-term Harvest Planning
- 2017/07/14 Service update for FPS v7.50
- 2017/06/15 Chairman’s Letter on recent FBRI Board Meeting
- 2017/06/01 Last call for FBRI workshop on localizing FPS
- 2017/05/17 FBRI workshop on localizing FPS Universal Growth Model
Listing of FPS Updated known to FSD:
- 2017/12/11- 188.8.131.52
- 2017/09/08 – 184.108.40.206
- 2017/07/14 – 220.127.116.11
- 2017/03/17 – 18.104.22.168
- 2017/03/10 – 22.214.171.124 (KNOWN TO CRASH COMPUTERS UPON INSTALLATION)
- 2015/11/05 – 7.4.5 (#2?)
- 2015/11/04 – 7.4.5 (#1?)
- 2015/07/06 – 7.4.4
- 2015/06/10 – 7.4.3
- 2015/06/01 – 7.4.2
- 2015/05/22 – 7.4.1
FSD will continue to post updates about FBRI communications as FSD is aware of them in hopes that all contributing organizations will be made privy to the updates from FBRI.