Source – http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/recipepage.aspx?recipeid=135321
5 Stars – Serves 6
10 points per serving
Amazing! Was a big hit especially with the gluten free crowd. Made some substitutions to go gluten free. Worked out well with the kitchen at the Château will be difficult without prep of some items that need to be pre-cooked.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 item(s) uncooked lasagna noodles, no-cook, Rice Lasagna Noodles from Walmart
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, strong-flavored like Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano
- Brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Add all tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil, pepper flakes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into lined slow cooker. Fit 3 lasagna sheets over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Go to office and cook on low
- Remove cover; turn off heat
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.